What data do we collect about you?
- Data collected during registration – In order to use some features of our system you will need to register. When registering, we will ask you for an email address, password and the name of the account you will use on our site.
- Data collected automatically – During your visit to our website, we will automatically collect data about your visit, and more specifically your IP address.
- Data collected when you contact us – When you contact us via a website, phone, email, etc., you give us your personal information, such as your name, email address.
How do we use your data?
- In no event will we sell data collected about you to third parties.
- Data collected during registration will only be used to enable you to log in to our system.
- Data collected during correspondence between you and our service will be used solely to respond to your inquiry.
- Automatically collected data will be used to track statistics, view the number of users on the site, and logged in users.
- In case of inspection by the General Inspectorate for Personal Data Protection, your data may be made available to the Inspectorate employees in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
- In the event of a violation of our Terms of Service, violation of law, or where required by law, we may share your information with the judicial authorities.
How will we contact you?
If you contact us via the Contact tab, you can expect that we will reply to the email you provided on the form or by phone if a number is given.
How can you tell us about a change of data?
When you log in to the system and select the Edit account section, you can make changes to your personal information collected during registration and used to log into the system. When you select Delete account, you can delete your account with all your personal data. Data collected automatically can not be changed or deleted.
How do we secure your personal information?
Both our server and all our databases are protected against third-party viewing.
We are AEA Energy Ltd. Our registered office is located at Unit 16B, Lough Sheever Corporate Park, Robinstown, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Republic of Ireland.
We are committed to managing and safeguarding the privacy of our customers, and partners. Therefore, we have created this Privacy Statement in order to inform our customers and partners of our practices regarding personal data.
If you create an account, through our website, you will be redirected to our CRM and marketing database providers, these third parties will not sell on or divulge your personal details and will operate in line with GDPR regulations. To create an account, or, for us to contact you, we require some basic information at the time of creation, and some additional information in order to fulfil your requests for a quote as an example.
Types of information we request:
- Full name
- Valid phone number
- Valid email address
- Home address
- Some details regarding heating system set-up
- Details to make payments if needed
If you have any questions in regards our data protection practices please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this policy is to detail the conditions under which AEA Energy Ltd controls and processed your personal information.
If you want to review, in any way change, transfer your information to a third party or request we erase your personal information please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
AEA Energy Ltd,
Lough Sheever Corporate Park,
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information, or exercise any of the above rights, however a fee may be charged if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. In some cases we may refuse to comply with your request.
If you have problems with the way your data is collected or processed you should contact the Data Protection Commissioner. The contact details can be found at www.dataprotection.ie or by ringing the below numbers.
Telephone: +353 57 8684800 or +353 (0)761 104 800
Lo Call Number: 1890 252 231
Changes to our policy
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in regards how we control, process or use personal data.
How we collect personal information
We collect information through our website, social media, in person and by phone, we inform our potential customers of our intentions in regards the purpose of collecting personal information.
Our website requires potential customers to choose an opt-in before submitting any personal information, in which the terms and conditions outline the data processing and disclosures to third parties that will be made.
We endeavor to collect only information that is useful and will avoid collecting data that can be seen as excessive or harmful in any way.
How long do we retain data
At AEA Energy Ltd we endeavor to protect your information fully, in relation to this we do not retain data for any longer than is necessary. Necessary being for the purpose of satisfying legal, accounting, marketing or reporting requirements.
To determine how long data is held for, we consider the nature and sensitivity or the information and risk of unauthorised use and the purposes for which we hold the data. We also consider if we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We check your data is up to date and accurate, we may from time to time contact you to make sure the information we have for you is correct, particularly if it is time sensitive
How secure is your data
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent the loss, theft or misuse of your personal data. We limit access to your data to employees, agents and third parties, they are subject to our instructions and a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place for potential data breaches and will notify you and the regulator of a suspected breach immediately and where legally required to do so.
Servers, files and personal information are kept secure at all times, only authorised employees/individuals have limited access to such data.
How do we use your personal data
We may be required to use your personal data to for example;
- Comply with legal requirements, which include but is not limited to; a court order, or warrant.
- As part of our supply of services and products to our customers.
- As part of our marketing campaigns, run either by AEA Energy Ltd or a third party contracted to do so on our behalf.
If there is any other unrelated purpose for which we need to disclose your personal information we will contact you immediately and explain the basis that allows us to do so.
Disclosing personal data to others
We will not disclose your data to others unless;
- We are under a duty to disclose your details in line with legal obligation or in order to apply our rules.
- Our business enters into a joint venture with or is bought by another company, we may then share you details with the new partners or owners.
Where we store your personal data
We store your data on our server, databases, and in paper copy at our offices.